Monday 9 July 2012

Cupcakes for college

A few weeks ago one of my Disney friends Caron asked me to make her some cupcakes as thank you gifts for the teachers in her sons college. I was overjoyed to fulfil the order and had such fun thinking of flavour combinations for the occasions.

We decided to keep it simple and opted for Vanilla, Strawberry, Lemon and Oreo.

The recipe was adapted from my trusty vanilla mix, which you can find here.

For the Strawberry I made a strawberry buttercream using natural strawberry jam to flavour and colour the mixture. Strawberry puree was added to the hot cake and then it was topped with the buttercream when cooled. I used an open round nozzle.

The Lemon cakes were made in the same way, using the base mix but using lemon juice and curd to flavour the cake, and topped with a yellow lemon buttercream and lemon icing drizzle.

The Oreo had crushed oreos in the cake and frosting, as well as an oreo crust.







Featured in : Delightful Order: Inspiring Thursday Link Party
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment