Sunday 24 June 2012

Simple Shortbread

I had no eggs in the house, and so I decided to have another go at shortbread. The last time I made shortbread I was probably in school and it probably as hard as a rock - I hate that when people make biscuits.

Ingredients

  • 150g plain flour
  • 100g butter
  • 50g caster sugar
  • (and I added a little splash of vanilla)
I preheated the oven as per the instructions to 160 - I never bake at 160 so I was a little concerned. It says the biscuits take 12-15 minutes.

I mixed the ingredients and then rolled out and cut into strips, making holes in the shortbread like a good shortbread always has and then popped them in the fridge while my oven got nice and hot. I baked for 15 minutes but they were no where near cooked, they were super soft and theres no way Id eat them that raw. So another 5 in the oven, and then another 5... im never baking at 160 again. Next time ill be baking at 180 for 12 mins. I have a brand new oven (only a month old), its the daddy, so its definitely not that.

I turned them out onto my wire rack and threw some icing sugar on them. I really need to get one of those little sieve things.

Featured in : Delightful Order: Inspiring Thursday Party
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment